Thursday, September 15, 2011

Grandparents Day Special Tribute to Amelia A. Roach (1937 - 2008) Pt. 3 of 3

Mom Amelia with her daughter, grandson, and great-granddaughter

Whitney Deas:
Mom Mom, It’s difficult to try to put how I feel and what I think about her into such short words.  Mom Mom has always played a great role in my life, whether it be a leader, a mother, a faithful Christian, or simply my Mom Mom.  But the memory that is strongest to me is as a little girl, whenever it was time for me and Mom Mom to say goodbye we’d tell each other ‘I love you with all my heart!’  So, Mom Mom, until next time: I love you with all of my heart.    

Stephane Deas:
I will always remember Mom Mom in her truest form; strong, wise, and beautiful. 
She’s always been a shining example of how a female should act and behave.  I’m so proud to have such a strong role model in my life.  Words can not express how much my lovely grandmother has given me or how much she has showed me.  The unconditional love in her heart spilled through her words and actions.  Mom Mom is one of the greatest women I know.  I will forever remember her smile, her laugh, her voice.  I love you Mom Mom and I appreciate the everlasting influence of your love in my life.

Grandmom hanging out with her grands.
Jessica Johnson:

How do you find the words to talk about such a special woman like my Mom Mom? She was such an amazing woman. The thing that I can remember about her is the unconditional love that she had for me or anyone else that she knew. No matter what you did she was always there for me when I needed to talk, laugh, cry, or needed a stern talking to. One moment that will be special to me is when my grandmother led me into the baptism of the Holy Spirit. That meant so much to both of us for me to become closer to the Lord. So no matter if we were having a spiritual talk or just a nice chat, she was always a good spiritual leader, a great friend, and the best Mom Mom. I LOVE YOU MOM MOM AND YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Mom Mom imparted her gift of music to her family.
 Tope Seriki:
        My first experience with Mom Mom was when I was much younger (around 4 or 5 years of age) and my sister, Mom, and I would ride up to Delaware for our annual family day. I always remembered singing in the choir and listening to Mom Mom play the piano or direct the choir.
        Secondly, I can recall when Teri Dredden was getting married and Mom Mom had gotten her hair done, but was dissatisfied with the outcome the lady who had done her hair tried to bleach her hair but it turned purple. But with Mom Mom being as glamorous as she was, pulled it off and looked wonderful and like a diva as always.
         My last major experience with Mom Mom was at her 70th birthday party in Maryland. I can remember her smile when she walked into the room. She was so happy to see all of her children, grand-children, family, and friends. She opened her gifts, fellowshipped with friends, and ate.  You could tell that she was just happy to be with us all. And that’s what she liked, just to be around people whom she loved.
Mom Mom, you’ll forever remain in our hearts and memories as we live the lessons you’ve taught and experienced for us.  Since your passing, there are more great-grandchildren who will hear about their great-grandmother. We pray that we will allow Christ to lead our lives as you did.  We pray that God will use us to leave a strong legacy with our loved ones as He did through you.  

Legacy

2 comments:

Vanessa Renee Williams said...

Love it! Miss Amelia was such a gracious and dignified lady...: )

Nona said...

Yes she was. Really miss the preciousness of the older saints like Mom Roach.

Post a Comment