(218) 632-0550, Code: 647933#
ASSIGNMENT: Below is a few quotes from our previous reading in The 5 Levels of Leadership. For our call this week, please pick a quote from below and discuss whether you agree or disagree. Also please discuss one or two leadership observations related to the quote from your experience.
*If you have not had the opportunity to complete all of the readings, don't worry we will review some the key points. We want to discuss some of your experiences as it relates to a few of the key principles in John Maxwell's book.
I looking forward to your input and participation!!
- As a new leader, you must use the authority you are given wisely, to advance the team and help the people you lead. (Pg. 43)
- The easiest way to define leadership is by position. However, position and titles are very misleading. A [leadership] position always promises more than it can deliver. (pg. 50)
- Good leadership is about walking beside people and helping them to climb up the hill with you. (Pg. 56)
- Leadership is an opportunity to serve. (Pg. 87)
- Good leaders have an orientation toward results. (Pg. 164)
- If you invest in people, they will never be the same again. And neither will you. It is impossible to help others without helping yourself. (Pg.174)