Thursday, June 11, 2015

#‎WomenMakingHistory | ‬ Admiral Michelle J. Howard, 38th Vice Chief Of Naval Operations

I was on my way to catch the metro in downtown Washington, D.C. on Tuesday evening and came across a U.S. Navy Band Concert at the Naval Memorial. They were really good and I stopped in my tracks to hear them play and sing several songs. 

But guess what else happened? I met Admiral Michelle J. Howard, the 38th Vice Chief Of Naval Operations, a four-star Admiral. What an honor! Even as a civilian, I am very proud of her and her accomplishments. She is the highest ranking woman in the U.S. Navy and the first African American woman to become a four-star Admiral. 

We talked briefly as I told her how proud I was to meet her and that I had profiled her for the Women Making History Project. She was so gracious and took the time to ask me about my interests and background. That's the mark of a great leader. Genuinely interested in people. You can't fake that. ‪#‎LeadershipTuesdays‬

Nona O. for @womenatliberty/Women Making History



For a complete bio on Admiral Howard, see: http://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=394

No comments:

Post a Comment