Friday, January 28, 2011

Encouragement From Timeless Messages

This week, I received news of the tragic loss of a close family friend who was the victim of senseless violence in my hometown of Oakland, California. As you read this, I hope that you will join me in a prayer of comfort for his family. The following is a collection of a scripture, video dramatizing a scripture, and a hymn. Although I may not know what you have encountered this week or what season of life you are in, I pray that you will be blessed and encouraged by the timeless messages offered below and continue to hold on to the hand of the "One" who will never leave you.    


Scripture
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. Psalm 3:3 (New Living Translation)


Pursue Wisdom
--> Pursuit Intro HD from PC3 on Vimeo.



Hold To God's Unchanging Hand
Jennie Wilson and Franklin L. Eiland


Verse 1:
Time is filled with swift transition,
Naught of earth unmoved can stand,
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand. 

Chorus:
Hold to His hand, God’s unchanging hand,
Hold to His hand, God’s unchanging hand;
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand. 

Verse 2:
Trust in Him who will not leave you 
Whatsoever years may bring 
If by earthly friends forsaken 
Still more closely to Him cling


No comments:

Post a Comment